Avoiding foil and cling film for your snacks and fridge today has become easy with all the new reusable options available, such as silicone covers, material cloths + beeswax wraps. But why not upcycle while you’re at it and use your old rags to make your own beeswax wraps?
Here is the super easy recipe that will take you 10 minutes max!
1. Turn on the oven at only 80 degrees Celcius
2. Choose and cut a piece of material – don’t worry too much about how it looks, it’s actually easier to correct with scissors when the wax is on.
3. Lay the cloth on baking paper – or more sustainable – a reusable silicon mat on a baking tray.
4. Add and spread out the beeswax pellets on the cloth – remember they will melt and expand, so no need for the droplets to cover all.
5. Put the tray with cloth and added pellets in the owen for 5 minutes
(You can also iron the cloth, but remember to put baking paper on each side of the cloth)
6. When melted, take out the tray and immediately grab the ends of the cloth and wave it for 30 seconds.
7. Let it dry for another couple of minutes and you’re ready to wrap!
Check out our video on how to make your own beeswax wraps!