Whether you’re doing Veganuary or Meatless Mondays or just want to try out sushi without the fish or the carbs, this is the recipe for you. You’ll be surprised what an amazing substitute cauliflower can be for rice – and how tasty zero-carb sushi can be!
4 Nori sheets
Vegetable slices of your choice **see notes
2 Cups of cauliflower rice
1/2 Cup of pre-soaked sunflower seeds *see notes
1 Tablespoon of Hulled Tahini paste
1 Tablespoon of Liquid amino’s
1 Tablespoon of Fresh herbs
Chop your cauliflower and ad these and pre-soaked sunflower seeds* in the food
processor until it reaches a rice consistency.
Now you can start by mixing the rice base and roll:
- Add all the ingredients into the rice sunflower seed mix until evenly mixed.
- Place one nori sheet on a bamboo roller.
- Top about half of it with a thin layer of the cauliflower rice mix.
- Top this with thin slivers of the ** bell pepper, avocado slices, carrot slivers, green onion slivers (optional), and some of the fresh herbs.
- Use the bamboo roller to roll the nori, using your fingers to press down on the nori sheet as it rolls up.
- Roll it tightly to the end.
NOTES: *Soaking the sunflower seeds for around 6-8 hours, prior.
Slice the roll into 5 – 6 equally sized bites.
Serve the sushi bites with the sauce.
Optional to make Tahini dipping sauce (see below)
Tahini Dipping Sauce
• ¼ Cup of Tahini hulled butter
• 1 Tablespoon of smooth runny sunflower seed or macadamia nut butter
• 1 Teaspoon of yacon syrup
• 2 Teaspoons of Liquid amino’s or coconut amino’s
• 1 Teaspoon of Sesame seeds
• 1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice